Thursday 21 July 2011

Where does time go?

It seems like only yesterday that I last updated this blog...

Oh hang on, my nose seems to be growing.

It's been way too long since I last blogged on here!

Apart from my big post on New Years Day reviewing the previous years songs, I have neglected my poor blog, like an unwanted Egg....

It also seems that I didn't even do a proper post about my trip to Japan last year. Well, to be honest, I did a HUGE blog post, just not here.... I did it in person, as it happened, on my YouTube channel, as a Video Blog.

This is the first video, of well over 100. I'm not even IN Japan at this point, but standing on a freezing cold rail platform, at the start of a long, long journey.




Since then, I have come back, and am currently saving hard for my second trip - which starts in October, again. This time, I am going on my own (as things stand), and am basing my trip around the combined C-ute & Berryz 工房 tour that is going to take place.

Berryz Kamen Vs Cutie Ranger Pt2? Hell yes!! I'm also there for the S/mileage Osaka show (currently the final, but these things change, as we found out last year, when they added the Yokohama shows to the tour) - so will be one of only a handful of gaijin wota to have seen S/mileage live as both a 4人 and (probably) 5人 group - as long as I can get a ticket that is!! I arrive the day before the concert, and will be rushing around sorting out rail passes, Shinkansen journeys, and hopefully I will have got one of my awesome friends in Japan to have grabbed me a ticket in advance, to take one worry off my mind!

Another thing that happened this year, that for me was awesome, was that I wrote in to NHK Worldwide, for an English Language show they were having called Intl' Afterschool - where they had C-ute as the main guests, and some Japanese American guy hosting it (who can't say the word "Harrods" correctly *le sigh*).

Guys were asked to describe to C-ute what they would do if they were to take a member (or the entire group, for the greedy ones I guess!) on a Date. Well my answer was a bit vanilla, and to be honest, wrong, but hey, it got read out, and I got more of a response than I expected! Watch and enjoy (I know I do!)



So yeah... Chisato promised on TV to go on a date with me! Result!

In fact, when I get back to Japan, this October, I am hoping to attend the Cutie Circuit show - that was conveniently moved back from 10th Sept (C-ute Day), to the 10th of Oct (New C-ute Day, I guess), a.k.a. 3 days AFTER I arrive!
I know that at the Cutie Circuit shows, they have a handshake event as part of it, and my good friend Maoh~san is pulling out all the stops to get me a ticket (I love this guy! He is truly my hero) - and he will translate for me at the handshake if I need it, and I'm sure I will - where I may just remind her of who I am, and of her promise to me :P

Anyway, in other News, I have recently been really getting into the Avex Idol group, Tokyo Girls Style. I KNOW for sure, that they will appear in next years top 10 or 20 songs countdown (yes, when I next update my blog.. :P ) and for now, I leave you with the beautiful video for their upcoming song, Limited Addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment