Sunday 11 July 2010

MM in Paris, part three

Well, while I was queueing up overnight for a 'first come first served' autograph session, I started to do the 3rd in my Paris Japan Expo blog updates, but ran out of internet access before I could finish it, but I did save it, so here it is, unedited...;


"Well, today was the day of the concert, and it was fucking awesome.

I'll get to that later, first, a bit of the run up to it.

I set off from my fathers house at midnight, to get to the FNAC signing, for around 4am, which should have been enough time to guarantee a spot for myself at the very first signing session in Europe.
As it was, after a fun night of queueing, meeting many friends like Dran, Laa'Kea, .Brian and Chibilolli - all from H!O, It finally came time to go in for the signing.

I got down into the shop, and bought my CD (A copy of Kimagure Princess - for 11€), and was then told that the signing tickets had run out! I was understandably livid!!!

Anyway, I didn't get to the Expo yesterday, so today was my next chance for a signature...and yep, I failed again, ffs.

For the first time, I met Blu-Cherri outside the H!P stall, who had been frantically looking for other H!O members, and so she tagged along with us for the rest of the day, and we headed over to the signing first - to see our good friend GinaRAWR get her first signature (she was the only one of out intepid band to get a winning ticket) and so, during the signing, a gap in the queue for Aika appeared, so I shouted Aika's name out, as she was right infront of me, and doing nothing, so I blew her a kiss, and she made a gesture of snatching it out the air, and putting it to her lips, so I pretended to faint, which made her laugh.

I hope to do a repeat of the event, today but while actually being signed - she will remember me!

So after the signing event, we headed over to queue up for the concert, after gathering up Maoh-san, our good friend from Japan, who came to Eurowota, and there we sat in the boiling sun for a good hour or two....but it turned to rain and thunder, which was actually a blessed relief, as the heat was very opressive!

The security guard opened the door to the concert hall a couple of times, which drove the crowd wild, as Momusu were warming up in there, and other in-queue stuff happened, including a couple of Japanese Wota who were selling photocards in the queue - I couldn't resist a couple of Chisato, a couple of Miyabi, and a Momo card...

Also, Blu-Cherri showed off her dancing skills, to Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance, and Jankenpyon - she rocks at the dancing!!"

That's as far as I got - so I'll briefly sum up the concert again, then get on to a bit more about that & the following day.

Concert:

When we finally got in to the concert, I managed to get a spot around 7 rows back, with Dran, Maoh, Blu-Cherri and -Kitsune-, and we got all glow-sticked up, and the girls came on.

They sang alot, danced alot, and to be honest, I can't remember what songs they did - except that they started off with Moonlight Night. The rest of the concert was a blur of beautiful faces, chants, glowstick waving, jumping up and down, and sweating alot - all while feeling very light-headed and euphoric.

If this is what it's to be like at an H!P concert, then it's a drug I was instantly addicted to! God knows how the REAL events in Japan will take me!


It's funny, looking back to that night of queueing, how excited I was about getting an autograph, and how that excitement was to be dashed, as the full night of queueing was screwed over by badly timed bad weather, and the inability of people to have a scrap of courtesy.

The rain came down while we queued, and came down hard. Several people left the line to stand under the canopy at the entrance to the Expo hall, and these people weren't the first to have arrived, but the security people let them in, in front of us, and it went downhill from there. The VIP ticket holders had got in 1/2 an hour before us, and virtually cleared out all of the 150 tickets for the signing, and so I had no chance, as I'm English. So I queue. I'm good at it, I'm even bred for it, some would say.

I'm not bred to be rude, pushy and aggressive - sometime I wish I was, but anyway, water under the bridge, etc.... I don't really care that I didn't get a signature, as I actually managed (along with Dran, Nimrod, -Kitsune- and Mnhuik from H!O) to bump into Morning Musume, just outside the Trocadero Metro Station, overlooking the Eiffel Tower

Yep, I know these pics have been bandied about a bit already, but they were from MY camera, so I'm going to put them up for myself - two not very well taken pics of some of the MM girls as I saw them...





We stayed well back, and tried to not interfere too much with their visit, but when Reina noticed Nimrod's tattoo of herself on his arm, she got excited, and took a photo of it (which later appeared on her blog - the lucky fella!), and a few of the other girls took pics of us with their phones, sadly none of these have yet come to light.

I got to catch Aika's attention again, and once more blew her a kiss, which she caught, and ate, then she blew one back! She blew it in a slightly different direction though, so I ran after it, and caught it, and ate it myself - before joke fainting again :D

As they were leaving, the staff came over to us, and asked us if we wanted to be in a photograph with the girls (like we'd refuse!!) and so we lined up with the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop, and the girls in a line infront of us, and we all gave peace signs to the camera, while they took a couple of pictures - and they also videoed it, so I am hoping against hope for a DVD to come out - even if it's only a FC DVD (I have friends in the FC - I'll get a copy if it comes into existence!!)

Nimrod snapped this awesome pic of me blowing my kiss to Aika, as she spots me doing it, and waves. So sweet!!



Well, there may be a 4th update, there may not - I've pretty much said it all, apart from complaints about certain aspects, but I really don't want to spoil my memories by remembering the bad things.

I'll sign off by thanking all my friends for making it a memorable event - that's friends both old & new - you all rock my world!

peace out!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for making me relive those moments!

    I too queued till the bitter end, although we Italians are infamous for queue-jumping (on most occasions there is not even a queue to begin with!) Maybe it's the beneficial effect of the years I spent in England. ;-)

    Anyway, I think that being kind, polite and considerate pays off in the end. If we hadn't been so respectful of the girls at the Eiffel Tower, probably the staff member would have never asked if we wanted to have a picture taken.

    The rude, pushy and aggressive may obtain a lot with their behaviour, but they miss out on the best! :-)

    mnhuik a.k.a. Ye Olde Wota

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Finally i didnt read your comment on time, read a few days ago. BUT... now that i think about that, i think i saw you (well, i saw a man wearing a H!O shirt, was trying to find a nick but didnt). Maybe it was you? Im sorry that we couldnt meet; i was a girl in first row @ fnac wearing glasses, first row in signing events @ JE and also in the concert, was near TotenmonD and PuppetMaster. I hope there will be a next time. Im going to finish also my posts about this experience. See you!

    ReplyDelete